Wednesday, April 03, 2024

DJI Osmo Pocket 3 - Extra Accessories are Here!

I stated in the prior post that I'd ordered extra parts for my Osmo Pocket 3.  They arrived today.

I found that I had an error in the order - I ordered two battery handles.  I've decided to keep it instead of returning it.  I can ensure that it is charged so that I can use it to give me extra run time, if that's what I'd need.  I can always sell it later if I decide I don't need it, but I'm sure I can use it.

I've already charged up the battery handles.  

I've also charged up the Mic 2 transmitter and have it linked to the OP3.  I've adjusted it's gain, as well, and configured it's settings in the OP3 menu.  I just have to use it now.  The Mic looks really nice.  At one point, I was going to try to use a different brand of mic but decided to stick with DJI since it would probably work better with the camera than a 3rd party mic setup, plus, the OP3 has built-in receivers that I'm not sure will work with other makes of mic transmitters.

The case is smaller than I'd thought it would be, but it holds most of my things.

The tripod is very nice...it's smaller than the one I've been using, but it's quite as stable, but it should suffice.

The wide angle lense is cool.  I'm not actually sure if I'll ever need it, as I don't see a huge difference in gained angle.

I ordered extra mic wind covers, as well as the mic magnets, but I found that I didn't need them, because DJI includes both of those with the Mic 2.  I'm a bit upset about that, because their product page should state that those come with the Mic.  I'll keep what I have as spares.  Oh yeah, that magnet is STRONG!

The expansion adapter is something that I probably didn't need, but it can probably be used with my GoPro harnesses and other mounting accessories.  At some point, I may use it.  I thought it would offer USB-C port expansion, but it doesn't, which is a shame.

I will attempt to capture some footage over the next few days to test the Mic 2 setup.  I may just record footage as I'm taking my daily walks.

Oh, and I also bought a good SD card, one that's listed on the OP3 product page as recommended specs - I bought the Lexar 256 GB card, which would give me 4+ hours of top spec footage.  I shouldn't need anymore than that, but if I do, I'll buy the 512 GB Lexar card.

Initially, I thought the OP3 would make my GoPro H10 Black redundant, but I still need that for the firearms range.  I have dialed up the recording resolution to 4K @ 60 FPS (watch the camera overheat at the next range visit).

No comments: