Sunday, March 10, 2024

Update on Vlogging Camera Purchase

I posted here about trying to decide on a good vlogging camera.

I went ahead and purchased the Pocket 3.  I bought the base kit, but I also purchased a 30W charger for this camera, as well as 2 years of Asurion insurance.  

As I begin to use the camera, I'll purchase what I feel I'd need for me to collect my normal video footage.  I don't necessarily need a desk tripod, as I already have two of them, plus an actual floor tripod.  If I find I need extra battery life, I'll buy the battery pack.  I may need extra things such as a travel case or BT microphone, but I'll buy those later.  

I already have microSD cards, as well.  

I've been trying to decide this for approximately 6-8 months.  The Pocket 3 is just more versatile than everything I was already considering.  GoPro doesn't have anything like it and there are things I hate about GoPro.  The Insta cams just aren't on the same level as the Pocket 3, either.  If I find I'm having issues, I can lean on the Asurion insurance like I did when I had trouble with the Akaso (I should've never even considered that camera).  

I'll post my experiences with the Pocket 3 as I use it!

UPDATE (3/20/2024):  I ordered the Pocket 3 on the 10th of March.  It is now late night on the 20th of March.  Amazon has been showing the past 10 days that it would be delivered between 19 and 21 March, with no other notification, which is odd.  Only today did it say that it was shipped.  I'm not sure if they (Amazon) got a large shipment of equipment from DJI, or, maybe the unit shipped from China to the DJI factory?  Also, I'd wanted but couldn't afford the Creator kit.  The difference between the Creator kit and the basic kit is $150, price-wise, but the Creator has like seven (7) extra accessories and the total price for those accessories when bought separately is approximately $327!  I was going to return my basic kit and purchase the Creator kit but shipping is a long wait and I've heard it's gotten worse since I've ordered...folks are complaining of a 30 day wait through Best Buy, Amazon, and even DJI.  This could be due to folks thinking that DJI will be banned from selling some hardware (drones).  So, I guess I'll keep the basic kit and separately buy the more important pieces of hardware (Mic 2 transmitter, wide angle lens, and battery handle).

No comments: