Thursday, March 28, 2024

Alternative Mic Solutions for DJI Osmo Pocket 3

I was conducting research on the DJI Mic 2, prepping for an eventual purchase, when I saw that they've an issue with low audio levels.

I didn't want to spend $100 on an audio solution that has issues.  Additionally, DJI appears to be actively ignoring the complaints of low audio being captured by the Mic 2.

I also looked at wireless alternatives, but the alternatives are more expensive than the Mic 2!

In searching for wired alternatives, I found the following video:


This guy explains several alternate mic setups and describes/lists the hardware requirements.

What I saw was that I can use a 3.5mm jack to USB-C adapter, a 3.5mm TRS to TTRS mic patch cable, and a wired mic (or shotgun mic).  I found those parts and added them to an Amazon wish list for near-future purchasing.

I also ended up subscribing to the video author since he offered very helpful information!



No comments: