Friday, May 24, 2024

SteamDeck Update

I bought a SteamDeck not long ago (documented here).

Some thoughts are listed below.

I'm not sure I needed the OLED model, but I wanted 1-TB in storage.  As the cost between the OLED 1-TB and 512 GB non-OLED wasn't huge, I opted to get the unit that had the most option.

I've yet to see this system crash or even hang up on a game.

I thought I could play some games like Generation Zero and GTA V, but those two games are difficult to play on the SteamDeck.  I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Subnautica, and No Man's Sky, as well as games like Hades and Hades II.

The game system never gets hot or noisy (the fans are quiet).

I bought a 100W charger specifically for the SteamDeck, too...it works well.

I want to try emulators (for Nintendo games) and will probably buy a micro SD card and dedicate it to emulator games.

I've no need for s dock but if I end up wanting one, I'll try a non-Steam dock first.

No comments: