Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Went from AlDente Free to AlDente Pro!

I've been using AlDente (yes, the battery charge limiter app) for a while now.  I started using it when I first bough the Macbook Air.

Today, I though to myself, "I've been using this and it's obviously an important thing to me.  Why not buy the Pro version?"

This made so much sense to me and I had similar thoughts in the past, so I bought AlDente Pro, the lifetime version.

When I run into good software that I know I'll need in the future, I usually end up buying it after using the free edition of the software for a while.  I've no problem with giving back, especially if the software owner is an independent developer.  Developers have to eat, too!

I'm also a flight sim guy (I recently bought several DCS World modules and I fly IL2: Sturmovik too).  I bought TacView (Advanced version) a long while back because I love how you can replay previous flights and use TacView to analyze a combat situation.  TacView wasn't cheap - it was $70 - but I used it to the point that I hated when I flew something that TacView couldn't work with, so I bought it.


No comments: