I've been using Portainer for a while now. I'm not using it as efficiently as I should, but that's a discussion for another day.
I wanted to explore other alternatives to Portainer and landed on Arcane.
I had serious issues getting Arcane set up as a Docker instance, but there's an alternative method - I ran the following command:
curl -fsSL https://getarcane.app/install.sh | sudo bash
No, this does not leverage Docker, but I was frustrated in getting Arcane to run within a container. I'll double back to get that working later.
What I like is that Arcane detects all the pre-existing containers. I didn't have to set anything up.
One thing I've noticed is that, when I restarted a Wordpress container, Arcane froze and wouldn't let me back in. As I was going to restart the Arcane service, it came back up. Arcane is running on a Pi 500, but it is pretty robust as far as Pis go.
Another thing - I'm unable to see the containers' compose files from the Arcane console. Maybe I'm not looking in the correct areas of the console. This is something to research.
The very cool thing is that Arcane has security findings if you enable container security scanning! I think it's using the Trivy scanner. As well, if you click on a discovered CVE, it points directly to the NIST CVE entry.
I'll also be testing Dockge, Dokploy, Coolify, and Dockhand, as well. I'll share my thoughts as I test.
No comments:
Post a Comment